About Me

My photo
I am 28, and live in Stratford, PEI, with my parents and brother, and 2 cats.. *S* I have Chronic Kidney Failure and have had 2 transplants, the first in 1992 and the second in 2001.. I am now on dialysis and awaiting a third transplant.

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

The Countdown Begins

13 Days. Wow. I can't believe it. Everything seems to be coming together. The only thing I'm really worried about is my mom. She doesn't think we'll be able to handle the maze of highways once we get across the border. I have more faith in my brother than that. If nothing else, he's a good navigator, like dad. He can find his way around, and if he's still not sure, it doesn't take long for him to figure it out. I need to get my dialysis machine registered with Customs, and get a letter from my doctor about the supplies, and I'm good. It's so friggin unbelievable. I'm doing something I thought I'd never do, and I'm so totally stoked. I'm a little nervous, because bro and I will be on our own, but that's part of the adventure. I'm gonna have such a great time, I know it. The anticipation is unreal. I feel like a little kid at Christmas. I just really hope that Santa Claus smiles and looks at me with those beautiful dark eyes of his.

No comments: