About Me

My photo
I am 28, and live in Stratford, PEI, with my parents and brother, and 2 cats.. *S* I have Chronic Kidney Failure and have had 2 transplants, the first in 1992 and the second in 2001.. I am now on dialysis and awaiting a third transplant.

Sunday, July 06, 2008

The Daily Show Taping Report - May 28th, 2008

We arrived at the studio about 2pm and no one was there so we were first in line. Kelly (Madmoll on the Colboard, cheap_laugh on LJ) joined us about 20 minutes later. After Kelly arrived, Mom left to find us some water. When she came back, she had water and a stool. Kelly and I had already planted ourselves on the ground, so Mom sat on the stool.

They were running late and we didn’t get seated until around 5pm. Paul Mecurio came out and told us that they wanted to pretape us for a segment on the show. That was the part where “John McCain” was shaking his ass. Paul left and came back a while later to make fun of the audience. He certainly didn’t disappoint. He said that me, Mom, and Kelly looked like stoners from upstate. Then Jon came out and did a Q&A. One girl asked him how he got his hair all silvery. His answer, “I’m old.” Oh! And from the horses mouth! Jon and Stephen will be doing a joint one-hour broadcast on election night, from the same studio! I can’t wait for that. It’s gonna rock

The show itself was exactly as seen, with no surprises, and no John Oliver. I was a little disappointed. It was my birthday, after all. After the show, we went to the 10th Ave diner to eat. Then we walked past the TCR studio to show Mom where we were going the next day. There was no one waiting for Stephen, but the light was still on in his office. After that, we went back to the hotel.

No comments: