About Me

My photo
I am 28, and live in Stratford, PEI, with my parents and brother, and 2 cats.. *S* I have Chronic Kidney Failure and have had 2 transplants, the first in 1992 and the second in 2001.. I am now on dialysis and awaiting a third transplant.

Monday, November 12, 2007

Rikimas is here!! aka Riki in NY - Day One

We have arrived. Let me start from the beginning. We had a 6am Atlantic time flight to Montreal that we had to catch, so we were going to get up at 4am, and be into the airport by 4:30. Good plan, if you sleep. I slept an hour and a half. I woke up at 2am and couldn't get back to sleep, so I watched a movie until it was time to get up. So, then I got up, got dressed, and we left.

Charlottetown Airport was pretty simple. Check in. Go through gate. Get on plane. It's when we got to Montreal that things got interesting, and/or confusing. We went upstairs and downstairs, around in circles through different hallways. We had conflicting information from different airport staff on whether or not we had to pick up baggage before going through customs. It was awful. Customs was interesting. Open your bags, empty your pockets, and take off your shoes. The customs official liked Mom's socks because they were hot pink.

The flight to NY, we had personal screens in the backs of the seats with music, movies, and tv. So, I listened to some Led Zepplin (The Immigrant Song is the only song that I listened to the whole thing), and I watched the Doodlebops (I like Busdriver Bob. Don't judge me. *L*).

I didn't expect it, but LaGuardia was so much simpler than Montreal. Not as much as a maze getting to baggage claim. And who was waiting for us there? Why, it was none other than my favorite NYC resident, Madmoll, known to me as Sistercuz. We took a cab to the hotel, where I subsiquently fell down the stairs in their lobby. Only 2 steps, so not really that bad. It actually looked worse than it was. I think I may have bruised my ankle, but by tomorrow, I'm sure it will be fine. We walked up to Broadway, and got a snack, and sat there and gabbed for a while. Then we wandering around a shop. I do have to say, that is the most cheese I've ever seen in one place before. NYC'ers might know where I'm talking about. Then my mom looked at me and decided I should take a nap, so we came back to the hotel. Madmoll hung out for a bit more, then she left, and here I am.

And that was day one. Stay tunes for day two, coming tomorrow.

No comments: