About Me

My photo
I am 28, and live in Stratford, PEI, with my parents and brother, and 2 cats.. *S* I have Chronic Kidney Failure and have had 2 transplants, the first in 1992 and the second in 2001.. I am now on dialysis and awaiting a third transplant.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Bittersweet Victory

Guess what??? As of right now, there is a ticket to a taping of the Colbert Report with my name on it. It was offered to me by a friend on TekJansen.com, AR7, as she is known. She has 4 tickets for the January 8th taping, and she offered me one. My problem is, though, all the red tape that I'm gonna have to cut through to go. Problem number 1, cost. Airfare alone is going to cost a little more than $800. At least that includes the return flight and all the fees from Charlottetown. I'd go from Halifax, but I priced it, and it's actually cheaper to fly from here. Go figure. Problem number 2, security regulations. As of January 8, 2007, anyone entering the United States by air must have a passport, and well, I don't have one. That is the next thing I must work on. Besides, any good nut needs to have a passport from the country of their origin, right? Problem number 3, dialysis. I want to take half a days supplies with me on the plane. Since the largest portion of those supplies are 2 litre bags of fluid, I'm not sure if I'd be allowed to take them on the plane. Plus, there's also the masks, handwash, caps for the tubing, clamps, and my pole, which I was going to put in my checked bag. That will probably get a look or two. Problem number 4, and this is actually the hardest one, my family. They don't want me to go to NYC by myself. I can understand that. I'm small, and legally blind. I could easily get lost or hurt, and no one would ever know about it. but that could happen to anyone. I trust the people I'm going to meet, even though I don't know their real names. I do talk to them on a daily basis, and they share my love and adoration of Stephen Colbert. What's not to like? Anyway, I'm going to start looking into everything tomorrow. I want to find out if it's feasable to even try to make the trip, before I put any money down. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: